How To Apply For A Grant
Qualified 501c3 nonprofit organizations may apply to the foundation for funding during the Spring Cycle (with a deadline of March 1st) or the Fall Cycle (with a deadline of September 1st) of each calendar year. Feeding programs and food banks must apply in the Spring. Youth Leadership Walker County applications are due November 20, 2022.
Online Grant Application
In an effort to increase our accessibility and ability to communicate on a timelier basis, we are implementing Foundant, our Online Grants Management system.
A grant applicant creates an account in the Online Grants Manager, and then logs on to that account to access the list of available grants and start a new grant application. Your application can be saved as a draft, and when you log on again it’s easy to return to that draft, make edits, and submit the application. Each account maintains a record of the application history that you can access at any time.
Once a grant is awarded, the Online Grants Manager allows grantees an easy way to see the status of their grant, check due dates, and submit electronic grant reports right from their account.
We recommend that you carefully read our Grant Guidelines as well as the instructions and reference materials found on this page before registering and starting your first application.
Creating your online account
All applicants are required to create an account. We suggest creating your account well in advance of the grant deadline to avoid any last minute issues. At the time of registration you are required to enter the following information:
- A username that is an email address
- Your contact information
- Your organization’s information, including the EIN/Tax ID number (required)
- Contact information for the organization’s Executive Officer
Managing your online account – for organizations
The first person to register enters the organization’s information, which creates the organization profile. It’s important to enter this information accurately at registration, because after this point the organization profile can only be edited by Community Foundation staff. For an organization to easily view its full history of grants and requests, we recommend consolidating all applications into one user account. If you are unsure whether your organization already has an account or if you need to be added to an existing account, please contact Cristy Moody at 205-302-0001 or email@example.com. (Additional users can be added by Community Foundation staff.)
Managing your online account – for users
Once your account is set up, your account dashboard is displayed on screen every time you log in. From the dashboard, you can do the following:
- Edit your contact information
- Begin the application process
- Access application drafts and submitted applications
- View details and complete the report process for grant awards
A user account can only be connected to one organization at a time. If you are a grant writer for multiple organizations, please contact us to discuss your options.
Helpful tips when applying
- For the best user experience when accessing our Online Grants Manager, we suggest using one of the following browsers: Google Chrome 14 or higher, Firefox 9 or higher, or Safari 4 or higher. It is fine to use Internet Explorer, but you may encounter some minor technical issues.
- We encourage you to read our FAQ page before beginning the application process.
Click the Log In button to access the Online Grants Manager
and apply for a grant or create a new account.